Skip to main content

OK so I read about winning contests and doing pizza in a FEC-100 so how about just using as a cooker between 325 and 400 degrees.

It seems to me that there are a ton of things that I cook on my grill (hood down) or in my oven in that temperature range that the FEC might be good for. Such as:
Chicken
Fish
Lamb
Pork
Meat Loaf
Runzas
And on and on and on.. Just to name a few.

So why don’t I hear of more cooking done at this temp rather than just low and slow?

Is there just too much clean up, or do you use um and just not write about it?

Am I just looking for more excuses to own an FEC????
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I use it up in that range for a number of different things. Just used it the other day to make some bacon wrapped scallops. I won't say what other appetizer I made because I have been banned from mentioning it by Smoking!

I have also made desserts at those temps along with meat loafs, and other things. Essentially, I use it when I don't want to turn on the indoor oven.
I do rib eye and New York steaks. I smoke them slow for about 45 minutes, pull them out, crank up the pit and put them back in to form a crust.
I also cook meatloaf around 350°
Sausage is slow smoked so they don't pop.
I cook shellfish hot.
King crab legs @ 325° for 20-25 minutes.
Garlic bread covered with mozzarella cheese @375
You probably hear more about low and slow because it does it so well. Works great at high or low.
You have to have one.
You know what they say about boys and their toys!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Fast Freddie/Love Shack BBQ:
I do rib eye and New York steaks. I smoke them slow for about 45 minutes, pull them out, crank up the pit and put them back in to form a crust.
I also cook meatloaf around 350°
Sausage is slow smoked so they don't pop.
I cook shellfish hot.
King crab legs @ 325° for 20-25 minutes.
Garlic bread covered with mozzarella cheese @375
You probably hear more about low and slow because it does it so well. Works great at high or low.
You have to have one.
You know what they say about boys and their toys!!!

How long do you leave the garlic bread in the smoker?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.