Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Dave's right. The intent is to match the design of the other FEC's and put the fire in the back. See the side door? Notice no vent on the side.

And the IQ is still on the left side.

Other than that, I'll let FE or CS post more info as I haven't seen all the final specs.

Russ
Last edited by Former Member
No offense and i hope none was taken but are you telling me that if you had the choice you wouldn't rather have two of these shiny new models?

You dont have a choice but i do and im thinking i want more info before people ask me what is that and i say it's the old fec 100 that i just bought brand new is all.
Let's not mix apples and oranges.I have a real old CS160,which has been the workhorse for the restaurant trade for at least 20 yrs.Like my teammate,Ribdog,I have two different FEC 100s.

The CS 008 was developed over a half century ago as a brisket cooker and is still one of the best out there and a great holding oven.

My boys are into the second decade of hauling mine around in their trucks to their cattle operations.

I won't give up any of the four,for different reasons.

I've cooked with Eddy on the FEC 500 in comps and it is great and newer than my FEC 100s,but no way would I trade cooking on mine-for my needs.

Like mentioned, the technology may not be changed,but the particular function would be.

Of course,talking to the folks in sales,or maybe Fast Eddy,to see if it fits your specific needs can't hurt.
Last edited by tom
Reckon I'm one of those weird cooks, but instead of that shiny new FEC120, I'd settle for a grungy well used old style FE100. Yep, I know they have wider temp swings then the IQ4 models,burn more pellets. I know they aren't flashy, but as Tom stated a person has to compare apples to oranges and a cook has to understand what his NEEDS are.

Besides my back would get sore leaning over to put meat in the FEC120...LOL!
Glad to see that everyone is interested in the new FEC120. The unit has a little more cooking capacity than the FEC100. The major difference however is the firebox being in the back of the unit and a convection fan in the top of the unit. This takes any chance of having a grease fire out of the unit and makes the heat distribution better. The controller is the same and it cooks very similar to the FEC100.

The only difference in cooking will be that you can not sear things on the bottom shelf like you can on the FEC100.

We will be launching the unit at the National Restaurant Show in Chicago the 21st of May. The unit will retail for $4,895.00.

We will be posting more pictures in the next few days.
From Eddy on FB

quote:
The foot print is 30"x45". The racks in this photo are not correct. It will have 5 racks with 6" spacing. Cooking capacity is 160# of pork butts easily. I'm pretty sure you could most likely stuff more then that but we rather under state then over state that. Yes it is all pellet fired. I won't call this a upgrade to the FEC100. It's totaly differant. The 100 will give you a hotter bottom shelf which for comp cooks works to advantage for chicken. This 120 cooks very even because of the added convection airflow and exhaust design. Spec sheets will be available after May 21st.
quote:
Originally posted by Nordy:
From Eddy on FB

quote:
The foot print is 30"x45". The racks in this photo are not correct. It will have 5 racks with 6" spacing. Cooking capacity is 160# of pork butts easily. I'm pretty sure you could most likely stuff more then that but we rather under state then over state that. Yes it is all pellet fired. I won't call this a upgrade to the FEC100. It's totaly differant. The 100 will give you a hotter bottom shelf which for comp cooks works to advantage for chicken. This 120 cooks very even because of the added convection airflow and exhaust design. Spec sheets will be available after May 21st.

Thank you but what is FB?
quote:
Originally posted by Pags:
Looks like Cookshack is using gaskets around the perimeter to hold heat and smoke.

Nothing new, all the FE's have a rubber seal like that.

I also added the 2nd photo into my post above.

I also confirmed with Stuart today the production models will have 5 shelves.
Sparkie, not to be funny, but if it's an FEC, it's burning 100% pellets but if you're not familiar with the FE's it a good question.

The key change is that the fire is in the back, not underneath. There is a convection fan on top that helps the smoke circulate.

Other than that, we'll need to wait for the "official" release to see them in action.

Tough time (but exciting) when a new smoker comes out, but it's still new.

More Info to come.

Russ

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.