Skip to main content

I just wanted to share a pic of my first ribs smoked in the FEC100. I've been turning out great ribs in the CS55 and wasn't quite sure what to expect from the FEC100. I've read where the FEC has a "drier" environment than the CS models so I was a little concerned if I'd get the same quality. Well, these ribs were the best I've ever done!
Don

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

WOW !!!!!!!!!! Those look AWESOME. I had an ole hickory and was forced to sell it and I'm looking into buying a FEC100 to start my business up again and that picture just answered some of my ?'s. Those ribs look FAB. Good smoke ring and they look to be very MOIST.
Thanks for the picture.
Steve
Yep,on the comp circuit,we like to stop at reknown joints,to see what makes them so popular.

We try to find something,from the atmosphere,the characters that hang out,the look of some different pits,maybe a great dessert for Ribdog and the wife/co-cook Big Grin,unique methods of holding/serving meals,interesting sides,etc.

It is hard for them to compete with our cooking for our self,our tastes,timing,etc.

Tom-Fl
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMan:
Hey Trucky,
Now that your here......

Please share........
tnx

I'd be glad to.

I took SmokinOkie's advice when I first started using my Cookshacks and log all my smokes and was able to find the log for those ribs.

These were BB's that I rubbed down the night before with Texas Rib Rangers Spicy rub. Although I really like that rub it's a bit too spicy for the family so I've moved on to milder rubs (Plowboys, Billy Bones XXX Cherry). I also don't rub overnight, now I usually rub about 30 minutes prior to throwing in the smoker. These were cooked at 240 for the first 2-1/2 hours and then I raised temp to 274 for the last 1-1/2 hour. I also glazed with CS Mild BBQ sauce at about the 3-1/2 hr mark.

I hope this helps you out.
Don

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.