Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm guessing this will be a solid winner with commercial kitchen applications. Never having used a 120, does the convection air circulation allow for richer smoke penetration?

I missed last evening's FB post but did notice Mr & Mrs Powell are in Maui and Stuart carded a birdie on the Kapalua Plantation course, which is a monster Wink
My first thought was I wonder how long it would take to get a 250# load of butts up to temp (like 225) in 0 degree weather? A little surprised they left it at 36,000 BTU?

It took my 3 FEC 100's over 75 minutes to hit temp last night. Each had about 85# of butts on them and it was about 30 F in the garage.

Looks like a pretty cool machine though and a quite a bit less expensive than a FEC 300 Wink
quote:
Originally posted by MaxQ:
I'm guessing this will be a solid winner with commercial kitchen applications. Never having used a 120, does the convection air circulation allow for richer smoke penetration?

I missed last evening's FB post but did notice Mr & Mrs Powell are in Maui and Stuart carded a birdie on the Kapalua Plantation course, which is a monster Wink

Don't know about the deeper smoker flavor Max, but my understanding is there is no more than 5* difference in temps from the hotest spot to the coldest spot. Oh course, convection heat does cook quicker.
quote:
Originally posted by Chaplain Bill:
I think the FEC 300 has the same BTU burner as the 100, 120 and 240.

Yes it does.

You asked earlier about the different pellet consumption is that still the question? I think it's the fact they are all just different sizes using the same firepot makes for different consumption?

If you need more specifics, maybe CS can answer it more technically if that will help.
Any experience with the 240 yet? Lost my FEC100 and 22' kitchen trailer in a grease fire in August... Looking at both the 120 and 240 now (and Ole Hickory CTO-DW...)
Just wondering if anyone has some first hand experience with it on a commercial basis. Does it take a long time to heat up? how does the smoke flavour compare to the FEC100?
Rob... Sorry to hear about your trailer.. I saw your pics on fb.... yuck...

I've cooked on a 120 for a class and had food off of one several times.

They are on par with flavor of the FEC100... but little risk of fire given the fire is in a separate chamber.

Temps seem very even across the pit, Moreso than on the fec100.

I think either would be great for a commercial application.

Nordy

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.