Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by AndyJ:
How long should I boil my turkey before roasting it? I normally boil my ribs about an hour... Same for the turkey?

Eeker Roll Eyes Confused

Couldn't resist. I have a 12lber dry brining right now.

Well Andy, can't really say on a turkey, but yesterday I finished making bone broth by cooking 10 pounds of chicken feet for three days. Eeker

Just put my 12.5 pounder in the cooler after applying the dry brine myself. Recipe: 3 TBS Kosher salt, 1/2 tsp. each of thyme, ground sage, and rosemary.

Have a good T day all.

Tom
One in the oven and one the 66 they both came out very nice but the family like the smokerturkey the best after all the time I have done the smoker bird they like them
I thinnk that we own the smokers we think that people would get tired of smoked food but they don't my family still likes it the best.
I give my kids 2 Costco pork shoulders in pulled pork for xmas and they all asked yesterday for them again they say that is the best xmas gift
Cookshack isa good thing to have.
25-66-1000 in the barn
I went to visit my dad in Washington. As a special treat this year we went to a local small turkey farm of about 100 birds. Picked our turkey and watched as the owner (female) taught us how to slaughter and prepare the turkey. It was an amazing experience for my wife and I since we are city folk. I brined the bird for 24 hours and we smoked it in my dads PG500. It was as good a turkey I have ever had. Next day turkey noodle soup using the rest of the entire bird was incredible.

Happy Holidays to all!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.