Skip to main content

OMG

I got Smokin. The pressure is on. Eeker

I've got a question Smokin. You get your choice of the second sauce:

Kinder's Mild-regional (You're getting the Roasted Garlic from Kinder's)
Kinder's Hot -regional ( " " " " " " " )
Stockyard Carolina Smoky Mustard, private reserve (never tried it, seemed interesting)
Cattlemen's Master Reserve Carolina Tangy
Big Bog Gibson's Red (in case the others don't sound interesting)

Well. With as much smoking Smokin does, I should get some immediate feedback.

Let me have it Smokin. I'm looking for your honest opinion. (I think)
quote:
Originally posted by Pags:
OMG

I got Smokin. The pressure is on. Eeker

I've got a question Smokin. You get your choice of the second sauce:

Kinder's Mild-regional (You're getting the Roasted Garlic from Kinder's)
Kinder's Hot -regional ( " " " " " " " )
Stockyard Carolina Smoky Mustard, private reserve (never tried it, seemed interesting)
Cattlemen's Master Reserve Carolina Tangy
Big Bog Gibson's Red (in case the others don't sound interesting)

Well. With as much smoking Smokin does, I should get some immediate feedback.

Let me have it Smokin. I'm looking for your honest opinion. (I think)

I knew you would be up to the challenge! Thanks for being such a good sport about it.
quote:
Originally posted by Vicki B:
Does everyone want to know right away? I know who I have....

I think it's really up to you. At this point the surprise could be totally or the surprise could be just what you send. Depending how this all plays out we could do it again in the future and make changes to the "rules". I for one will probably send a PM to my recipient to ask for a shirt size. However, if any of you would like me to perform that task so that you can remain anonymous just let me know. I can PM your recipient for you.
Last edited by padrefan98
quote:
Originally posted by 2nd Hand Smoke:
Anyone from this group group going to the reunion in May at Smokins?? This exchange will be another subject we can discuss there. I have no local rubs or sauces so mine will all be homemade except for one that I do a combination of bought rubs that I like alot and a couple other surprises.

I plan on going
Still waiting for one of the rubs to show up, but I do need to ask the person who's getting mine if they like REALLY spicy rubs. This one is quite a bit spicier than most of the others I've tried.

Eventually everyone's gonna find out who got who, so, Tim-In-AZ do you want a Smokin' Guns Rub or would you prefer some Habanero Death Dust? Eeker
quote:
Anyone from this group group going to the reunion in May at Smokins?? This exchange will be another subject we can discuss there. I have no local rubs or sauces so mine will all be homemade except for one that I do a combination of bought rubs that I like alot and a couple other surprises.

I'm in.
Andy, I'm good with whatever. I haven't tried either one.

quote:
Originally posted by AndyJ:
Still waiting for one of the rubs to show up, but I do need to ask the person who's getting mine if they like REALLY spicy rubs. This one is quite a bit spicier than most of the others I've tried.

Eventually everyone's gonna find out who got who, so, Tim-In-AZ do you want a Smokin' Guns Rub or would you prefer some Habanero Death Dust? Eeker
quote:
Originally posted by Tim-In-AZ:
I couldn't be happier with the name I recieved. I consider this guy to be one of the most helpful people on this forum. I immediately started doing some recon investigating and have an idea for my extra prize I want to add. Hopefully I can get it done before the deadline or I'll have to send a second package.

That's awesome! Smiler
quote:
Would be great to have you share "your" secrets with everybody Smokin!

I pretty much share my secrets in the forum. Like the toothpick, that use to be a BIG secret for finishing ribs, but I told someone and they let it leak.

I just don't tell you which ones they by calling them secret.

I will be sending a non-disclosure document along with the info to whomever is the lucky recipient... Big Grin
Ya know, the back and forth bartering is really making this interesting. I'm not saying anything about who/what/where till my package gets delivered. Will be in the mail tomorrow so should arrive by mid week.

Most fun I've seen on the forum in a while. Thank you Padrefan. Jer
quote:
Originally posted by JerinVA:
Ya know, the back and forth bartering is really making this interesting. I'm not saying anything about who/what/where till my package gets delivered. Will be in the mail tomorrow so should arrive by mid week.

Most fun I've seen on the forum in a while. Thank you Padrefan. Jer

I'm with you Jer, mine is a secret until delivery. But watching the discussion is kind of fun.
I agree we need a new thred so that those who didn't participate will read and see what all everyone received and perhaps generate more interest in a future rub/sauce exchange.

Keeping this thread makes it too easy for them to just ignore since they know what this thread is about.

Just my $.02.

Now who will be the first to post? I know my recepient probably won't be due to when I will be mailing out my package. Frowner

Jer
quote:
Originally posted by Joe M:
I agree with Smokin, Mustard sauces are the best and I'm lucky enough to live at ground zero. I can't do it for all 1200 members but if any of you 20 want me to put together a sampler I'd be glad to send it to you at cost.

Joe I would love to get a sampler pack from you and would be happy to reward you for your efforts. I could send you a PM with my address? Would love to have a good mustard sauce recipe to.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.