Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Cook One:
Where can I find information about the Charbroiler pictured on your deck, this looks great.

Is this available from Cookshack? if so where and how much. Very nice set up.

There is some basic information there, but what it is there are 4 versions 12", 24", 36" or 48". It uses the FE Pellet burners and has one for each 12". The control is L/M/H and H is over 600 degrees. Had HEAVY cast iron grates, probably 20lbs each two for each 12". We also have a CB forum, so stop in there for more info.

Russ
Here's why I have both... because I can... sorry had to say that. I pimped out my deck with all the toys. The PG just looked small all by itself. But it's pretty extreme.

Great question.

Real answer? The one thing I personally needed was a bigger grill then the FE Pellet Grill. It does a GREAT job, don't get me wrong. But the direct cooking side just didn't fit my needs.

What I wanted and needed was a grill with more area to cook for more people. The CB comes in smaller versions than mine, which is 36". The 12 and 24 would be great for others I'm pretty sure. I definitely wouldn't want the 48", that's for restaurants.

Bar None, we loved our steaks on our FEPG and you've seen me post here that they were better than any steak house.

We're doing steaks this weekend. If the weather cooperates, I'll take photos.
Sounds like you're suffering with Deck Envy Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Pags:
My grill is 53". Cool

OK, so measure it 53" on the grill wide? Measure front to back and I'll measure mine I think the CB is deeped. Don't make me go get the 48".

As my wife says, my DECK is bigger than your deck... LOL seriously she's telling all her friends about the size of my DECK. Photos to be provided when the whole deck is finished, but of COURSE the BBQ deck was finished first.
Last edited by Former Member
quote:
Are there any other pic's out there of normal out door kitchen set up's that us faceless trolls can afford? Smokin Okies deck is something I can't even dream of!

Not sure how I want to take that, but you're certainly not a troll. I've been in this house 9 years and it took me that long to get to here, so I DESERVE IT... LOL especially given how much time I've spent in the forum working.

But you guys are troll, or I was one (look at the before picture).

For other setups?

Check out this link:

Show us your Smoker Setup (at top of Open forum)
The path was 1 mile to the west of us. LOTS of rain, I fully envisioned the new deck leaving us like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, but we were in the safe room.

But we've had friends loose their home. One friend has an animal sanctuary lost the house and out buildings and a lot of the animals. REAL sad. Good friends of my wife.

But we have the most amazing weather stations in the world. They track this down to the block and give lots of warning.

Prayers and thoughts for all the people who lost something, there is a LOT of damage. We have local TV helicopters flying the path of destruction and it's real bad.

Thanks for checking on us.
quote:
Originally posted by Mike4258:
All I can saw is WOW!!! How about updated PICS of the BBQ area too! And some pics from the back of your yard toward the deck!! How hard was it to cut the brick and put the door in the pool area?? Thanks for sharing!

You noticed huh? That was the #1 thing we wanted. That leads straight to a Bath Room so you can go into the pool, etc. Take a power saw, cut the window and bricks out. But a door to fit the opening, only took them a day.

quote:
Dang Smokin, is there a reward out for you? This is nice. Care to adopt a middle aged guy who is really not good for much.

Very nice! Congrats.

Yeah, we're pretty happy, and we're even more popular with our friends now. the Before shows how little we used the yard.

We also added two sheds out back. One for me, one for the cats (really)

We just found out we had enough equity it made more sense to stay than to buy new. We loved the house, now we love the yard.

More photos to come (the stereo that's internet capable and controlled from an Iphone, the gazebo...

then that's it... really.

Appreciate you guys letting me share.

I really would host a CS party here sometime, now I have the room Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by MaxQue:
Very nice Russ!

Is that a Hot Springs Prodigy Spa? Looks just like ours.

A nice finishing touch would be planters for hot peppers, herbs, patio tomatoes, etc.

Actually have a spot in "Phase 3" for just that purpose Big Grin

Wish it was a Hot Springs. It's good, but having run it for a month, there are some little things I'd change.
WOW I'm very impressed and also very happy for you! I thought my deck and cooking area was awesome but holy cow your's is perfect! Good for you. I will post pics of mine when everyone has forgot about yours. LOL Really very happy for you with your passion of cooking you need that and with an awesome partner like it sounds like you have its very cool. CONGRATS !!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.