Skip to main content

I have just finished my 'Fab Five'. Pork Butt, Brisket, Ribs, Chicken and Smoked Salmon. I want to thank all who have posted numerous bits of info. on the forum. I have read so many and have many to still read.I am reporting back on out come of the 'Fab Five'. It was outstanding!!!!! Ribs and Brisket lasted as long as it took me to cut/slice. I used 'Mr. T's brine. 25 #'s of salmon smoked, maybe a 1/2 # left.Chicken was super moist. Pork Butt was 'Slap everyone's mama' good. I am 100% pleased with Cookshack 009-2. Again thank you to all! Almost done with custom cabinet for its home.

Krogie
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Smokenokie, it is funny with the salmon. I had 2 fillets and I just smoked them, using Mr. T's and I vaccumed seal what I had. Neighborhood wanted to know whag I just smoked. Since neighborhood is pretty much a bunch of good friends, I just handed out a pkg to each informing them to let me know how it is. Within 15 mins I was asked kf I would smoke some salmon from one neighbors family. Which led to another, another, another and so on. Deal was I get about 1/4 of what I smoked for each. I think I was smoking 3 days straight. Did I get a 1/4, probably not. But it was a blast sitting with all neighbors and hearing everytime I smoke something they all know who is smelling up neighborhood. I just send some smoked salmon back to Wi. To family.
Congrats! I've found that if you use Mr. T's brine overnight, rinse, dry and give a chance for a nice pellicle to form, and cook low (200) for a short time (1 1/2 - 2 hours in my smo66) until 150 IT, your salmon will be moist and wonderful. I use apple wood. I don't know anyone who doesn't like smoked salmon. Unfortunately the King season is about over, but you can get (previously frozen) sockeye and coho (Silver) almost all year. Good smoking!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.