Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Have you cross checked with another thermometer?

When I first got my new FEC100 it cooked hot until the sided got smoke coated. I credited it to breaking in the insulation inside the walls as well.

Your temps seem very high however. Sounds like a thermocouple issue. may be loose in the connection to the panel.

But a couple of Boston Butts in it and see if it settles down with some meat to absorb the BTU's as well.

If all else fails over the weekend, Call Cookshack and ask for Bill, He is "The Man" when it comes to service.

Good Luck
Yes, first thing I did was check with thermometer. Also thought about not broke in yet, but like you I don’t think temp should be that bad off. Seems to be consistent with temp setting. The higher the setting the farther it goes beyond the set point. 225 should be 225 whether broke in or not. My other pellet smoker hasn’t ever done this.
I had a similiar problem when I received my FEC120 last December. The problem was with the auger. They had produced some FEC120's without the restrictor rod in the center of the auger and it would feed an enormouse amount of pellets. Cookshack sent me the new auger with the pin in the center and it corrected the problem.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.