Skip to main content

I plan on cooking 30 racks of spares on my FEC 100 this weekend for a friend party. I have 3 rib racks which hold 10 racks each. I have never cooked this much before, so I am looking for suggestions from people with experience. I don't plan on wrapping(should I wrap?). Just curious as to, approximately, how much time they will take to cook at 275? Should I rotate the racks half way through(top to bottom and rotate?)Thanks in advance.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Like hacker said, rotate the racks.

I would get them done early, and just put them all in a cooler to hold. 30 racks will keep everything plenty warm enough for holding. Just pile them in on top of each other.

Don't wrap in foil until you are well into the hold time and just wrap if you have leftovers.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Ace:
I heard they cook quicker. is that true?

Depends on the weight. You need to compare times for ribs using similar weights.

And some BB won't fit well in the Rib Racks (depending on how curved they are) well they well, but you won't be able to put 10 racks of BB in there.

Also, it's just me, but NEVER try to cook something, especially in quanitity you've never cooked for a party (too many stories about not being done in time, etc). You're asking us for timing, etc.

I'd do a practice run with the racks.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.