Skip to main content

Seems like nothing but problems with this cooker. Igniter will not work, can I use a small amount of charcoal lighter to start my fire? I needed to cook tonight for tomorrow, now hoping I can cook tomorrow. Hard to run a restaurant when this cooker has give me so much down time and problems. Anyway, all help would be appreciated.
Allan
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I cooked on it since the grease fire with no problem. Not sure if the fire had anything to do with it since it worked after the fire. I used a small amount of lighter fluid this morning, had to cook today and had no choice. I left the door open for several minutes after I started the fire before loading the meat. Been cooking now for about 5 1/2 hours.
I count my lucky stars that I'm one of the ones that hasn't had this problem. The few times over the past two years that mine failed to ignite after a few minutes, I just shut it off, restarted, and it lit right up. Hope you get things worked out.

I know Cookshack is the best company I've ever worked with on problems or perceived problems. They care, and English is not a second language. That has become a major complaint of mine with most product services including my ISP.
Make sure you do a good clean up between smokes and vacuum out the fire pot. A little maintenance goes a long way. I really don't like any type of starter fluid or gels but have found that a small propane torch only takes a few seconds to get the pellets fired up and smoking if the igniters are giving you trouble. If the igniters are causing problems use that great customer service, they have heard it all and will get you on the right track.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.