Skip to main content

I received my box today from Vicki. In a rush I had time time to open and take a quick inventory. Inside are many nice lookin sauces and a dry rub all from New Jersey. Also inside was a zip lock bag of her homemade jerky. I did try it as I was running out the door, before I made it to the truck I had to take the time to go back for one more piece. It was that good. Thank you very much Vicki. I'll take a closer look when I get home tonight.
quote:
Originally posted by S & H:
I received my box today from Vicki. In a rush I had time time to open and take a quick inventory. Inside are many nice lookin sauces and a dry rub all from New Jersey. Also inside was a zip lock bag of her homemade jerky. I did try it as I was running out the door, before I made it to the truck I had to take the time to go back for one more piece. It was that good. Thank you very much Vicki. I'll take a closer look when I get home tonight.

Sounds like a great Box from Vicki.
Oh Steve, you put a big smile on my face!!! I really thought the jerky was a tad over done, but no one else seems to think that! You guys who make jerky should try it, it has a good flavor. The recipe is from the forum as I mentioned. It is Stogies Jerky Recipe and can be found by using those words as a find option. I know you will let me know how all the sauces are. Again, Greetings From New Jersey Smiler Smiler Smiler
Took me awhile to pull everything together--but tomorrow a box will be headed SOUTH - as in beaches and sand!

Gad...no flat rate boxes at Post Office - so I had to order them and that took almost a week. Also bought something off the internet as an added "special" and of course that also took a few days longer than anticipated.

So.....all is ready and waiting for pick up tomorrow......
OOOOO - I am going to be slappin' and rubbin' and cookin' up a storm using ROUTE 66's fine BBQ sauces and rubs!

As you can tell.....I received a GREAT box of BBQ sauces and rubs from Route 66 yesterday! A big thanks for the wonderful selection of items. My husband looked at the sauces and picked up the bottle of Goldwater Bisbee BBQ sauce and said...Arizona! Bingo....!

So, I am now the proud owner of "Slap yo Daddy Rub", Route 66 Pork Rub; Route 66 Chicken Rub and some special Route 66 "pork sauce" plus the Goldwater sauce and some Jim Beam Original.

Thanks to Route 66 and also thanks for everyone who organized this great swap meet!

I am heading to Sam's tomorrow to empty their meat cooler....gotta try all this stuff!
SmokinMAINEiac- as a hobbiest woodworker, those wood pieces smelled sooo good when I opened the box. Can't wait to try the Maine red oak.
I've used the JD barrel chips before, excellent choice.

What a selection of rubs, all will be used. The Greek rub sounds delicious. Denny Mikes rub will probably be my first try, based on your suggestion.

Smoked tobasco sauce-I'll bet that'l be hard to beat.

What a selection. Can't thank you enough, and thanks Padrefan for putting it all together. It has been great fun.

Can't wait to try everything in the box.
quote:
Originally posted by Que'n RN:
SmokinMAINEiac- as a hobbiest woodworker, those wood pieces smelled sooo good when I opened the box. Can't wait to try the Maine red oak.
I've used the JD barrel chips before, excellent choice.

What a selection of rubs, all will be used. The Greek rub sounds delicious. Denny Mikes rub will probably be my first try, based on your suggestion.

Smoked tobasco sauce-I'll bet that'l be hard to beat.

What a selection. Can't thank you enough, and thanks Padrefan for putting it all together. It has been great fun.

Can't wait to try everything in the box.

Que'n RN,

Thanks for the kind words regarding your package. Everything in it is shared from the heart and is the best of what I've tried (thus far). So happy you like your package Smiler

Thanks,

Gary
Last edited by smokinmaineiac
quote:
Originally posted by Vicki B:
Gailmo, FYI, my post master told me to take a couple extra of the Large and Medium Flat Rate boxes to keep at home because those are always the ones he runs out of. Maybe your post master will let you as well! You know, for those future sauce/rub exchanges Big Grin

You can go to USPS online and order packs of 10 for all sizes of the flat rate boxes. Post Office delivers them for free. How cool is that? I always have an inventory of each size for shipments back to Chicago. Usually, almonds and/or jerky but Christmas too.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Que'n RN. I just opened a wonderful box containing about a gallon of sauce, (finger test results in thumbs up)about 2 pounds of smoked almonds, and about 5 pounds of rub. What a wonderful combination of items, and the surprise of who and where it was coming from was a pleasure as well.

The effort you put into this box really shows, like the others something is going to get cooked this weekend.

This has been a great deal of fun thanks again Padrefan for putting this together. My box will go Friday to the midwest. This has been great fun. I would post a picture of all the goodies, but don't know how
quote:
Originally posted by Cook One:
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Que'n RN. I just opened a wonderful box containing about a gallon of sauce, (finger test results in thumbs up)about 2 pounds of smoked almonds, and about 5 pounds of rub. What a wonderful combination of items, and the surprise of who and where it was coming from was a pleasure as well.

The effort you put into this box really shows, like the others something is going to get cooked this weekend.

This has been a great deal of fun thanks again Padrefan for putting this together. My box will go Friday to the midwest. This has been great fun. I would post a picture of all the goodies, but don't know how

Third topic on the list is HOW TO POST PICTURES.
Not seeing photos of these boxes. IF you can post them.

Unfortunately the old method of posting them (sending to me) isn't an option right now. When CS moved to the new server, the problem is that it created a void in where to store the image.

The best I can offer is to help you and that you have to upload it to one of the photo sharing sites, like Photobucket. Key is the image has to be uploaded to a public location and you copy the URL of the image itself.

I posted a new thread to talk about Photo Hosting and we can discuss it there (to not threadjack this one).

Size should be no larger than 1000 pixels wide.
Last edited by Former Member
Assuming some Q'hound in Texas doesn't break into my box, it should be delivered Friday by 5:00 pm local time, two time zones away from Oklahoma.

Feb 14 Left FedEx facility OKC, OK
Feb 15 Arrived FedEx facility Hutchins, TX
Feb 15 Left FedEx facility Hutchins, TX

3 sauces, 2 rubs, 1 brine, meatpacker grandfather's vinegar mop recipe (mop & bucket included), plus homemade smoked item. All Oklahoma products.
Got my box Cool

The two white things are a T-Shirt and an Apron, I believe from Davids BBQ Team.

David, thanks so much! That apron is great, I absolutely love it because you can slide the neck up and down to cover more of your shirt. I am a messy cook and alway wind up getting where the apron doesn't cover Big Grin

The rub and sauce kit is gonna be great!

I can't wait to taste that Texas Rib Candy (btl on right in front), I am a little afraid. OOPS, didn't realize I covered the bottle with the t-shirt.

Are pellets equal in cooking usage to wood weight? Have not used them before.

Thanks again, oh, did Padrefan say something about me expecting two boxes?

Attachments

Images (1)
  • rubexbox12_16
quote:
Originally posted by Tim-In-AZ:
quote:
Originally posted by AndyJ:
Head West young man... Head West... via FedEx.

Don't let Sheriff Joe intercept it! Smiler

Very nice--can't wait. Hopefully I'll see it Friday if not I'll have to wait till Monday as my shipping address is my work.

Sheriff Joe shouldn't touch my box unless their is some south of the border spices inside Big Grin

Looks like you'll have to wait til Monday... Frowner

Feb 16, 2012 6:47 AM
Departed FedEx location
CHICAGO, IL

Estimated delivery: Feb 20, 2012

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.