Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Dan2:
Frito looks great I have a cart similar to that one I use for my miter saw what you can do is unbolt the top shelf and flip it over and reattach it then you will have no problem with the lip to door clearance and you will raise the smoker about two or so inches and you will have a flat surface for platters and its will be allot easier to clean.

Ya know, when I was looking at the carts online before I bought mine local, I thought of doing just what you said. But.....I got home had a beer or 6 before starting assembly and forgot all about it. I'll probably leave it for now. I was going to put the cooker sideways to the cart, but when I roll the cart between my boat and truck under the shed it's pretty tight. It's easier to work from the narrow end. When the kid goes to college and I get *my* garage back I'll have a extra slot under the shed. I might flip the tray and turn the cooker then.
My son's stainless Smokette and custom built stand with stainless top, mounting "cage" so that smoker sits safely on the stand and can be easily removed (still on the casters) for tailgating etc. Plenty of room to the right for prep work and unloading the smoker, stainless top for easy clean up, and heavy duty framing and casters to last a life-time.

Also had the same stand built for my SuperSmoker Elite.

Six pictures to follow.

Special thanks to forum member DanQ from whom I purchased this Smokette for my youngest son's Christmas gift (believe DanQ upgraded to an AmQ, bought this one from him off of another website and then we figured out we were both Cookshack forum members, which made for a very easy transaction). Thanks Dan.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Smoker_1
Here is my Amerique. I've noticed that others have used the same or similar setup. I bought the stainless steel table next to the cooker at Sam's Club. I already had the galvanized hot water heater stand.

Notice that my cooker is sitting on leveling legs.

Here are the legs you need for the latest edition of the Amerique, the ones with the black control panel on top. I don't know if the previous version had the same castor arrangement and size. These are 5/16-18 coarse thread, four inches long.

These are McMaster Carr part number 6111K371. It is a 5/16-18 zinc-plated 4 inch long swiveling leveling legs with a neoprene non-skid pad on the bottom. Each one costs $7.20. You can get them in stainless if you want, but they'll set you back over $15 per leg.

Last edited by Former Member
Thanks. I had to get it off the ground to save my back and knees. It's not fancy, but it does the trick.

I'm sure other people have used leveling legs to replace the casters, but I don't recall seeing them in other pics in this thread, so I thought I'd show a closeup and provide the McMaster part number.
quote:
Originally posted by SkipQ:
Here is my Amerique. I've noticed that others have used the same or similar setup. I bought the stainless steel table next to the cooker at Sam's Club. I already had the galvanized hot water heater stand.

Notice that my cooker is sitting on leveling legs.

Here are the legs you need for the latest edition of the Amerique, the ones with the black control panel on top. I don't know if the previous version had the same castor arrangement and size. These are 5/16-18 coarse thread, four inches long.

These are McMaster Carr part number 6111K371. It is a 5/16-18 zinc-plated 4 inch long swiveling leveling legs with a neoprene non-skid pad on the bottom. Each one costs $7.20. You can get them in stainless if you want, but they'll set you back over $15 per leg.

Thanks for the tip on the legs. Got mine overnighted and set up my new SM025 this afternoon!
Last edited by smokinmaineiac
I scoped out a sale at Harbor Freight a couple weeks ago (they post their upcoming sales well ahead of time) on a push cart that I thought would make for a nice stand for my AQ. I'm pretty sure I got the idea from someone here. I had already purchased the screw-in feet to replace the casters. Today I got the cart and assembled it, got everything set up. I'm going to like having the smoker up higher, easier to load and unload food!! Here is a pic off of my phone:

The bottom shelf has my wood chunks and a big roll of butcher paper that I use to line my prep table (which is to the left just outside the pic). On the top shelf next to the smoker are the racks that I've cleaned recently and a piece of shelving that I can use to set pans on, etc. The cart has a 3" edge all around so the smoker is sitting on a couple of 2x6's to prop it up a little more so the drip pan can be removed.
Didn't hesitate to spend the money for my new CS but couldn't bring myself to pay that much for the stand. Went to a restaurant supply place - lots of used stainless stuff, bought a used hospital cart for $50. Handy hubby mounted my smoker to it, per pic. Easy to move, has storage, and makes using the smoker lots easier. He had to remove some racks from the top - took him less than 1/2 hour. That's my idea of a good deal. Am loving my smoker and trying new recipes.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG00022-20100920-0939_smoker_stand
Wanted to re-season the 150 this weekend and got a little carried away.
I started w/ just a 7lb PB and just started adding more and more.
I'm glad we had the extra shelves.

Top shelf is a pan of smoked baked beans
Next shelf is the PB
3rd is a baby back
and on the bottom shelf are 5 split breasts.

TN: you have it right on. its a quentessetial wood oven. we have done baked beans, bread, and cassaroles in it, funny thing though it's perfect for pizza and we haven't made any yet. Found this via craigslist. a little pricey but handy when power is out. Hope to use it all year long.
out of all the units on the deck I tend to use the smokette most of all, less caretending, just fill it up turn it on and let it do its thing. and it puts out super eats. I guess i'm just lazy.
if anyone needs info and/or my thoughts on any of the units shown please send e-mail. I will be happy to give my thoughts or recommendations on any of them, or better yet stop by, Bring beer (German Beer) and I will give demonstrations on all of them.
Papasmurph
Those of you that have the smoker in a cabinet or inside a building, how far above the vent do you have your tube to vent to the outside?

I have mine in my garage and have tried everything from about 3-4 inches to having something sit right on the top with enough room to allow the probes to go in.

I still get smoke in my garage, I can watch it come out of the smoker and then just go up some and come out the opening.

thanks

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.